1. Tell us more about yourself.
My name is Andréa Emy Akimoto, I am 41 years old and I live in Guarulhos, São Paulo (Brazil). I have a 3 year old and I am a science and biology teacher.
2. Why/How did you decide to start babywearing?
I decided to start babywearing in pregnancy, seeing photos and videos, and I thought it would be wonderful to be able to carry my little one.
3. Is babywearing a common thing in your country? What do people think about it?
Babywearing is not so common, in big cities it is easier to see babies being carried, but inland it is much more difficult. Depending on the location, people find it very strange …
4. What is your favorite carrier?
My favorite carrier is a wrap, because it is more comfortable for me, but the carrier that I use the most is the Ring Sling, for the ease of taking it on and off …
5. Do you have a favorite carry?
My favorite carry is a Double hammock with a half saltwater but I also really like the Ruck.
6. Did you feel any difficulties in your babywearing journey?
My biggest difficulty is the adjustment of backpacks and onbus, as it is a carrier that I use very little.
7. What advice would you give to new parents?
My advice is to read a lot about puerperium, to learn to carry, as it helps a lot in everyday life.