1. Tell us more about yourself.
My name is Maria. I live in the United States. I am a stay at home mom to 3 kids. They are 4, 2, and 1.
2. Why/How did you decide to start babywearing?
I started babywearing with my first child in a ergo carrier (SSC). After I had my second child a friend told me about wrapping and that’s how I started wrapping my babies. I have never turned back 🙂 I love the closeness that the wraps give us. And so many different varieties of ways to carry.
3. Is babywearing a common thing in your country? What do people think about it?
I would say babywearing is common in this country. I feel like there are a lot of babywearing communities around. Although I will say it’s probably not as common as it is in other countries. When people see me with my wraps they always make comments like, “that’s so cool!” Or “I wish I would have done that with my babies!”.
4. What is your favorite carrier?
My favorite carrier at the current moment is my Solara piece. It is 4.4 meters with fringe. A rose viscose warp with bourette weft.
5. Do you have a favorite carry?
My favorite carry is fwcc for the newborn phase and double hammock cccb for the toddler years.
6. Did you feel any difficulties in your babywearing journey?
The only difficulty I have is wishing I had all the money in the world to buy all the wraps I want to try 🙂
7. What advice would you give to new parents?
I would tell new parents to remember to take it a day at a time. These years are so short so try to enjoy every moment. If you are thinking about babywearing I hope you consider to give it a try.