1. Tell us more about yourself.
My name is Veronica Koleva and I’m from Bulgaria. I’m a mother of a boy who is 2 years old. Graduated in Economic relationships in University, but my heart is drawn by art and I am a nail technician.
2. Why/How did you decide to start babywearing?
I started babywearing my son because I needed an easier way to survive the daily rush. Stroller was not an option. It is heavy and I had pain in my hands every time I used it. So I bought my first wrap when my son was 2 months old and started wearing him daily.
3. Is babywearing a common thing in your country? What do people think about it?
Babywearing was rapidly gaining popularity when I started wearing my son and now more and more moms are giving it a try. Of course the older generation thinks it is absurd, but new mothers appreciate it more and more.
4. What is your favorite carrier?
My favourite carrier is Isara The One! It’s one of the softest carriers I have ever touched and is just perfect for my body structure!
5. Do you have a favorite carry?
If I have to wear my son in a wrap, I prefer the front cross carry.
6. Did you feel any difficulties in your babywearing journey?
Of course, like every newbie I had difficulties with wrapping myself in the beginning, but with consistency and training things happened very soon.
7. What advice would you give to new parents?
The only advice I give every new parent is to be curious and to try things that may seem absurd in the beginning. You may just find your thing!